Monday, April 4, 2011

It was good if not at my best to do what I could.

I guess now that what was done is done and there's nothing you can do about it besides doing better for the upcoming examination papers which are dated on the 16th of April. Thinking about the test yesterday was nerve-wrecking but I have to say that doing for real this time was much better than I expected. I definitely cannot evaluate myself because the results are in the hands of both the examiners. I wouldn't say that I did very well because I did hesitated along the discussion. Now we'll just have to wait for the final result to be out in June/July.  Nevertheless, I am glad that I was less nervous during the test and am also very grateful for the task that I've gotten. All in all, I am thankful for the smooth discussion done and is very relieved that the Speaking test is done finally. And if you are wondering what the task was about, this is...

Malaysia needs to produce world-class sportsman and sportswoman. Who do you think is important towards achieving this goal?

The task required was somewhat like that.

The role that I'm required to present is schools. Other candidates were entitled other roles such as parents, the public and the Ministry of Youth and Sports for Candidates A, C and D respectively.

Thankfully I did fulfill the 2 minutes requirements but then again, I do not know whether my stand and elaborations are strong in the eyes of the examiners.

My important advice for 1st time speakers out there is to keep a calm mind and keep your points coming and never stop talking with intonations until your time is up. Try not to hesitate so much because every hesitation is taken into account of your overall marks.

Finally, I'd like to wish all the best to everyone and now I'll have to wait till the final results are out to justify the outcome of my presentation throughout the examination; Malaysian University English Test. Frankly, I do not wish to resit or retake the examination and I pray that I will obtain at least a low Band 5. As long as I manage to obtain a Band 5, I will be more than thankful and relieved.

Thank you. GOOD LUCK & ALL THE BEST fellow candidates!

No comments:

Post a Comment