Saturday, April 23, 2011

You could either choose to kill me or just laugh along.

Earlier yesterday, I've decided to go out with Jing Wen scheduled at 8pm and when we were discussing about this, it was already 6.33pm. I remember the minutes exactly because that was when I shut down the laptop. Then I thought, it wouldn't kill if I take a 5 minute nap. What was first thought to be a 5 minute nap turned out to be a 5 hour sleep! (And yes, Jing Wen was supposed to fetch me, if it was the other way round, I wouldn't feel so much of a jackass.)

During the 5 hour sleep, I was dreaming. I do not know why but when I do dream in my sleep, I tend to succumb into it and hardly anything can wake me up unless something bizarre happen in the dream. And there I was, going through flood waters in school, kicking the puddle of water,...and BAAM!

I woke up.

Trust me, I didn't know what time was it but I knew it was longer than an hour. Then, my heart raced. I quickly jumped off from bed and then I saw the clock on my table, it was a vertical hour needle facing north and the minute needle facing south. I know this is too good to be true but I was hoping that what I saw was 6.00pm. I know it is far from the truth. Then I rushed down to look for my phone, couldn't find it then I ran up again to find it lying at the end of my bed where my feet was set earlier, under my schoolbag. 

I reached for the phone and my heartbeat triggered a little. 

13 Missed Calls and 3 Messages

I only glanced through the messages and called Jing Wen right away! (In my mind, I was saying to myself, I have just dug my own grave, she'd be really pissed by now and probably, awkwardness will rise in the atmosphere!) 

Then she answered. Then I apologized. Then she laughed about it saying it was 3 hours ago. (And she actually text me to check if I was okay because I've gone silent suddenly!) Then I laughed about it, we talked about how I slept, her mom's reaction, and everything else. 

Imagine seeing your daughter driving out earlier to get her friend and there she is, back again in the house in less than an hour. If I am a mother, I would be puzzled and be thinking, what on Earth has gone wrong and who is this friend of hers that can do anything as she like!?

All I could do was be thankful that she wasn't as mad as 3 hours ago when she was waiting in front of my house. THANK YOU! :) Haha.

I mean, you tell me, who on Earth would be so chill after waiting so long for someone? No one likes waiting unless you want to please your girlfriend. 

I just wanna make a point that, everyone else's time is as important as mine and yours and I felt really bad for wasting her time. SORRY!

And, lastly, this is something that I can't help myself but I just wanna stop myself from dreaming too deeply because that's what that had been causing me the oversleeps and occasionally, sleeping through outings like this. Beautiful dreams are good but they can also turn into your unwanted nightmare!

What I thought was fun in the dream turned out to be a nightmare in reality and it slapped me really hard.

I doubt that this will ever happen to any of you but you can learn from my mistake. TEEHEE!


I want those pair of shoes and this picture somehow reminds me of Mary Poppins!


Listening:


Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment